Personalised one to one adolescent training programme for all breeds whether they have previously trained with Speaking Puppy or not.
Adolescence can be a difficult time physically but mainly emotionally for dogs as it is with humans.
The adolescent phase (known puberty in humans) can start as early as 5 months of age in small breed dogs, but usually commences once the fast growing period has stopped which is usually between 7 & 15 months (depending on the breed and the adult size of your dog). In both male and female dogs it is triggered by the changes in the hormones and in females that haven't been neutered will probably have their first season and in males they may exhibit inappropriate behaviours. Guardians of dogs going through this stage often call their dog "stubborn", "deaf", "Ignorant" & other descriptions. But this isn't the case they are just going through a natural phase of their development.
Your programme is designed to help support you and your dog through these difficulties while continuing to build your relationship, confidence and communication in real life situations and distraction. including the countryside, popular dog exercise park, woodland or public recreation area & town.
The adolescent training programme is individual to you and your dog to help and support you understand their needs, personality & natural instincts, as they learn to navigate the real world while going through this often worrying adolescence period.Covering:
'The Adolescent Training Programme includes:
- Communication & confidence
- Lead walking
- Meeting & greeting dogs and people & seeing wildlife or livestock
- Sitting calmly in distracting locations or cafes etc
Programme - £220Follow on blocks of 3 x 60 minute sessions - £150Single in home consultation/assessment - £90
- An initial consultation (approx. 90min) at my training field near Clanfield for us all to meet and get to know each other so we can talk through your issues while working with the countryside distractions
- 3 x 60 minute sessions (usually fortnightly) - session 2 in a residential area, session 3 at a suitable park or woodland etc & session 4 in a town or similar
- Programme plan and handouts where required
- Email or Telephone support
Speaking Puppy & Adolescent programmes are available in suitable locations in Waterlooville, Horndean, Clanfield, Havant, Denmead, Portsmouth, Southsea, Fareham, Emsworth & Petersfield
.Click here to enquire for further information or to bookOther Speaking Puppy services available are:
We use gentle, rewarding & pain free methods of training to help you understand your dog's needs personality & natural instincts while considering the learning styles of both you and your dog.
To arrange a Free 20 minute support call Click Here